Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Papacy is unhistorical and w/o basis in the Catholic documents


 THE FLAG OF THE VATICAN


"Most scholars reject as unhistorical The tradition that the Apostle Peter was ,and was recognised as being the first Bishop of Rome."(The Christian Society ,Neill Stephen.London :Great Bretain Collins Clear -type press.1952 p.36)

A testimony of a Catholic bishop about "PAPACY" who is Bishop Joseph George Strossmayer

"Now having read the whole New testament ,I declare before God ,with my hand raised to that great crucifix, that I have found no trace of the papacy as it exits at this moment ."(p.4)

"Finding no trace of the papacy in the days of the apostles, I said to my self I shall find what I am search of in the annals of the church. Well,I say it frankly I have sought for a pope in the first four centuries, and I have not found him." (Bishop Strossmayer's Speech( in the Vatican council of 1870 ,p.10)

"Ignasius wrote six of his letters outside Rome urging the people to rally behind their bishop as a sign of unity ,but in his letters to Romans he never mentioned a Roman bishop.(Saints & sinners by Eamon Duffy p.7)

No comments:

Post a Comment